About Me

My photo
I AM FAMILY ORIENTED. I ENJOY SPENDING TIME WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN. I ENJOY FISHING, READING AND CROCHETTING. I ENJOY HELPING OTHERS.

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

Foster Care Is No Place For Children

Friday Nov 18 2011
FOSTER CARE IS NO PLACE FOR CHILDREN!!
Family First! Don't Keep The Children In The System! 5 Years & 8 Months & Counting-- That's Damaging !!!!
The foster care system and the family court system is broken! NO doubt about it!
From the experience of what i have been subjected to in the State of Oklahoma. It is on evident that those individuals that have somewhat of authority over folks children, have truly over stepped their moral boundaries and appears to don't have a heart at all.
Children in foster care should go and be with family vs being adopted out to strangers. That's very wrong and certainly not fair to the family and children. Not only that! We don't get visitation to be in contact? What's wrong with that picture?
Oklahoma DHS, has no right to try and play GOD! Children should not have to suffer and go through all of this pain and suffering, frustration and alienation and isolation, Such as my 5 grandsons are continuing to endure.
I'm these children maternal and biological grandmother! I was at the hospital when each and everyone of these children were born. I love my grandchildren very much. My grandchildren, doesn't need to be experiencing this, especially when they have a grandmother that wants them.
Oklahoma Department of Human Services/ Foster Care Unit! No good! They are wrong!
Look how they have trampled over me and my grand children's heart! Which they will tell you in so many words, that they aren't in the business of reuniting your children or love-ones to you in a timely manner, if at all!
I'm no felon, never been to prison, a registered voter, family oriented, independent and financially established to provide and take care of and nurture my 5 grandsons!
So Why is this state like this? I've complained and complained! NO one seems to care! It's about safely getting the children to a family member and or love one where the children can get back on track. Instead! OKDHS has caused more problems for my grandsons. They have prolonged this for many years? What about my grandchildren, their self-esteem and motivation? I worry about that on a continuous basis! What they must be feeling and going through.
Children, they should not be in foster care no longer than they need to or have to be! I mean it is devastating and emotional for the children! My grandchildren are going through it!
I've letters on top of letters that the organization, has plans to seek permanent placement for my grandchildren and that they don't plan on giving me my grandsons! Isn't that something? What does that tell you?
From all of that! How can it be about the children? 5 years and 8 months and counting for my precious grandchildren to be in this awful foster care system.
It's not right! Not right at all! Something definitely needs to be done about this!
At this rate our country will have no future! Foster care are destroying the tomorrows future. Our family, love-ones and relatives.
Our children needs love, hugs, positiveness and high self-esteem! Not anything less! Being in Foster Care is LESS!
I'm a concerned grandmother that has suffered the lost of my precious grandchildren to the system. We have lost many holidays, family gatherings, grand parental bonding, school activities and our family pictures together. We will never get those days back. Don't forget our quality time and summer fun, the things that grandparents have with their grandchildren.
I am just letting the world know what's going on here in this state of Oklahoma. How Oklahoma DHS/foster care agency handles their cases and how they isolate and alienate the children from their family and love-ones.
This has been an injustice and corruption all the way around! No matter how you sum is up!
Please pray for me and my grandsons as we are going through a most difficult time in our lives right now. Your prayers are appreciated: God Bless You and Yours!
Thank You for taking the time to read my posts!
Concerned, Caring & Loving Grandmother
Farina M Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment